Follow us on Twitter
Instead of Yagdil Torah sending out sms messages every time something happens in Yagdil Torah, now you can keep udated by following us on Twitter - a great new way of keeping updated!
Here is an easy & great way to get started using Twitter.
If you would like to receive updates about Yagdil Torah on your cell phone by SMS (text) messaging, or be able to read them online, here are simple instructions on how to do so. We have a special link to Twitter.com, which is a free message service that sends updates from yagdil Torah, whenever they happen.
"YagdilTorah is the name the updates are sent from. You can sign up for it by following the simple steps below:
1. Log on to www.twitter.com and click on the green ‘Get started- Join!’ button on the bottom of the page.
2. Fill out the information required. Your email will not be shared with anyone. Unless you want extra emails from Twitter, make sure you do not check the box that says “I want the inside scoop-please send me email updates!”. Leave it blank. When you’re done, hit the green “Create my account” button on the bottom of the page.
3. The next screen that comes up is optional. If you don’t want it to search your email list and look for your friends on Twitter, just hit the blue text that says “Skip this step”, located underneath the green “Continue” button.
4. The next screen is also an optional step of registration. If you don’t want to add the people shown on the page to your twitter account, just repeat the previous step and click on “Skip this step”.
5. ***VERY IMPORTANT STEP*** The next screen is your home screen. To find “YagdilTorah” on twitter, go to the top right hand corner of the screen and click on the blue text that says “Find People”.
6. When the next screen prompts you to type “Who are you looking for?”, type YagdilTorah in the box and hit the “Search” button.
7. Now you have found us! Click on the YagdilTorah button that says “Follow”.
8. Go back to your home page by clicking the blue text on the top right hand corner of the page that says ‘Home’ on it, and you will get a list of the most recent updates from us.
9. ****VERY IMPORTANT STEP*** If you want to receive the updates instantly as they are given, this is how to set up your cell phone to receive them via SMS messaging:
A) On the top of your home screen, look for the blue text in the top right hand corner of the screen that says ‘Settings.’ Click on it.
B) You will be taken to your ‘account’ page. In the middle of the page by the top, you will see a series of tabs. Click on the tab named ‘Devices.’ This refers to your cell phone.
C) In the box under Mobile Phone instructions, enter your telephone number. If you live in the USA, the instructions are as follows: Type a plus sign ( + ) and immediately, with no spaces, type a ‘1′ followed by your area code and phone number. It should look like this: +14151234567. Then, click in the box below where it says ‘It’s okay for Twitter to send txt messages…’. The reason they ask you this question is that Twitter does not charge you anything, but some phone services have a charge per text message, depending on your plan. Most plans have an unlimited text message program. We will only send you an average of two messages a day and no message is longer than 140 characters.
D) While you are signed in, visit www.twitter.com/yagdiltorah. Right under the yagdil torah banner after the words "Following" there is a a small phone icon. Click that icon and a message will pop up telling you that you are receiving updates by SMS.
10. Put your Twitter information on your blog or website for Twitter savvy visitors.
11. Engage-tell the world what you are doing & offer help, insight and timely information.
12. Listen and learn: Follow us, follow others, and see being part of Twitter can offer you. It should only take a week or two for you to figure out how you can best use Twitter to make great connections, find a following and better yet - grow professionally.
13. Most important: Make friends and add value. Please don’t spam people. That is exactly what Twitter isn’t for!
We would love to see you on Twitter, and keep you informed about all the goings on in Yagdil Torah, and when our website is updated.
Be sure to follow us and tell us how you found us.
Here is the link to our Twitter profile : http://twitter.com/YagdilTorah